cross-posted form http://blog.cherylreneeherbsman.comFor today's Friday Five, I thought I'd start your weekend off with some little inspirations. The first one is sort of bittersweet, sad mixed with inspiring:
1. Check out Carrie Jones' post about "To Write Love on Her Arms". This is especially key for anyone who has experienced depression.
2. Here's a quote from Marianne Williamson that is a helpful reminder: "We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right."
3. This quote is from Wayne Dyer: "You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought 'I release the need for this in my life.'" The point of this one is that sometimes we want something so badly, that we grasp on too tightly, squeezing all the life out of it. Go after what you want, work for it, but don't need it. Know that you are whole with or without it.
4. "Love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe." Deepak Chopra. Speaks for itself, no?
5. Finally, the last little thought for today comes from Albert Einstein as noted in the book The Secret: "Imaginations is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." So imagine the life you want, not the one you don't!
I hope these little tidbits help you find a little inspiration today. Enjoy your weekend!
I'll be back tomorrow with an interview with 2009 Deb Kristina Springer!