cross-posted from http://blog.cherylreneeherbsman.com"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be...And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson
This is a quote I have loved for a long time. I recently saw it again on the website of author Philana Marie Boles (Little Divas).The complete quote can be seen on her web page. This shortened version helps focus on the key idea that our fears do not serve us.
I tend to be a person who vacillates between being pessimistic and full of worries to incredibly optimistic and full of belief in the power of positive thinking. So for today's Friday Five, I propose a challenge to you. From today until next Friday, try turning your "what if" worries into "WHAT IF" possiblities Here are five common ones to get you started:
1. What if I don't succeed -----> WHAT IF I am incredibly successful
2. What if my loved ones aren't safe -------> WHAT IF my loved ones are not only safe, but happy and fulfilled too
3. What if I'm not enough --------> WHAT IF I am perfect, special, and unique as I am
4. What if I don't know what I'm doing -------> WHAT IF I trust my intuition and go with what feels right
5. What if this is all there is --------> WHAT IF there is more than I can even dream of
Okay, okay, I know this may seem corny or dorky or like a Saturday Night Live skit starring a current politician, but really corniness can't hurt you. What's the harm in trying a little experiment for a week? Every time a what if comes to mind, try changing it to a WHAT IF. Even if all your dreams don't come true in the next seven days, at least you will have worried a little less
If you feel brave, share your what if to WHAT IFs in the comments. Then we can all WHAT IF it with you.
Have a gorgeous, fabulous, delightful weekend!